Wow, that's a really cool way to practice measuring in the metric system.
My measurement is 31 inches. Who can tell me how many centimeters that is? The first one to give me the correct answer on Friday will get a surprise in the mail next week.
For help with converting the metric system to our common measuring system, try downloading this cool pyramid. (It's a .pdf file.)
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are right, Samantha!
The answer is between 78 and 79 centimeters.
The correct answer is 78.74, or almost 78 and three-quarters of a centimeter.
Look for your surprise in the mail late next week (after Thanksgiving).
my answer is 77 with remainder of 1. I got that by 31x2 and then half of 31 and added them together
That's very close Andrew.
However, if you multiply 31 times 2.54, you will get the correct answer of 78.74.
Remember, 1 inch = 2.54 centimeters.
You cannot forget the last number, or you will not get the correct answer.
Good luck next time I ask a question.
On the pyramid it shows 2.5 = 1 in
I'll try again next time maybe I'll beat Sam
Post a Comment