Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Strawberry picking
I took the kids strawberry picking yesterday! The berries are just beautiful and very juicy. I have more than I know what to do with....help!
The kids had a great time picking strawberries and playing with their friends, Kelley and Nathan. I can't believe I've never taken the kids before. It was great entertainment for them and it only cost me $7.00 a bucket. Maddie picked the most berries. She picked a whole bucket herself. Andrew and Samantha each picked a half of a bucket....they were doing too much talking with their friends to be picking strawberries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's a lot of berries!
You could make freezer jam. It's pretty much just combining the berries with some sugar and pectin and putting it in freezer safe jars
Try looking at http://www.freshpreserving.com/
and
http://www.kraftfoods.com/recipes/JamsJelliesPreserves/FreezerJamsJellies/CERTOStrawberryFreezerJam.html
The site got cut off....
Here's the whole thing...
http://www.kraftfoods.com/recipes/
JamsJelliesPreserves/FreezerJamsJellies/
CERTOStrawberryFreezerJam.html
thank you for the help. wish you were here to help. i wonder why we never did this while you lived here. i wish we would of.
miss you!
Post a Comment